There are a lot of things you can do yourself to prevent your car from being broken into. Here you´ll find our best tips.
Make sure that you remember to:
- Always lock your car when you leave it.
- Never leave valuables in your car..
- Always park in a visible spot where there are people passing by. This increases the chances of any potential thieves being spotted or deterred from trying to break in.
- Place anti-theft markings on your car and valuables.
- Make it clear that your car has VIN etching on the windows.
- Install a car alarm if you do not already have one.
- Install an immobiliser if your car is an older model and does not have one pre-installed.
- Use a steering-wheel lock.
- Never store your keys with the spare tire or in the glove compartment.
- Lock your roof box and use an extra lock in the form of a locking pin and class 3 padlock.
Discover our parking guide with good info and important rules about parking.